Monday, January 6, 2014

Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Also over Christmas break, I read Maria Semple's book Where'd You Go, Bernadette.  A friend had recommended it as a perfect "vacation" book.  It is a quick and easy read.  The plot was interesting.  Some of the characters, who reflected some of "those moms" that I know, made me laugh at their pettiness.  (I love the snarkiness in this novel!)  I also loved how this novel was told through intercepted emails, documents, and letters.




This book will not go down as fine literature; however, it met all of my needs as far as a reader goes.  I give it two thumbs up!  I may even pick up her other novel (This One Is Mine) this summer.  Her author's website can be located by clicking HERE.  I like the quirky look of it; in fact, I laughed loud enough for the dog to come running to see what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment