Monday, October 14, 2013

And The Mountains Echoed

I loved two novels I have read by Khaled Hosseini--The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.  I love the way the author weaves the tale.  And the Mountains Echoed was yet another wonderful novel.  I am not sure which of Hosseini's novels I liked the best--all three are among my favorite reads.


I tried to figure out why I like this author so much.  He writes of a land I know way less than I care to admit.  I keep going back to his weaving of the story and his richness of characters.  You become totally submerged into their thought process.  This book surprised me more than his previous two with some twists I didn't expect.  However, these twists seem realistic and consistent with the tale.

Visit the author's website at the following:  Khaled Hosseini.  He has some interesting podcasts that are worth viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment