Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bomb . . . the World's Most Dangerous Weapon

One of this year Newbery honor books was a non-fiction book entitled Bomb: The Race to Build--and Steal--the World's Most Dangerous Weapon.  Author Steve Sheinkin tells the complex tale about the first bomb.  Sheinkin does a great job "telling the story" (yes--this reads more like fiction than non-fiction--a real plus for this age group) or should I say STORIES surrounding the first atomic bomb.  Readers get to meet the key players int hese events.



I was not familiar with Sheinkin's other works, but I know having an avid reading son--I am sure I will pick up another one of his books.  His author's site can be accessed by clicking HERE.  This former textbook writer is a great story-teller, too!  A perfect combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment