Monday, June 11, 2012

Tattoos, Fire, & Hornets

I stayed up late last night to finish The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson.  This book follows The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I loved the first book so much, that I immediately went out to purchase this book.  Since last summer was . . . crappy . . . and busy (getting caught up on adolescent literature for a new job), I haven't had a chance to get back to the series.  The book sat for a year and was worth the wait.

The ending was perfect . . . for an author who wants to sell the next book.  From a reader's perspective--the major mysteries were solved; yet, I wanted the neat, tidy ending.  I will have to get the next book to find out more.  Since I have about a thousand (yes--hyperbole) books on my "Wanna Read" list, I'm not sure I want to invest another 700 pages to this book right away.

I word to the not-so-wise (like myself), keep a list of characters.  I do this with most books I read; however, I would have been lost several times with this book in particular.

Another important note--the first book is a definite "NO" for my high schooler.  The second book was not quite as bad in its sexual content/graphic nature, but my now-sophomore is too young to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment