Monday, April 9, 2012

A Peculiar Book

It is spring break, and I'm using half the time to read and relax.  I just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  It was . . . well . . . peculiar.  I THINK I liked it.  I know I liked the first 80% of the novel.

I loved the juxtaposition of antique photographs and the text.  The back cover of the book says that this fantasy will "delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows."  I picked this book up for my classroom library at our school's book fair; however, I don't really see this as a "teen" novel--as least as far as junior high students are concerned.  There is nothing inappropriate.  I have a couple avid readers who may select this.  I'm curious to see what they think.

Strange coincidence--I've just read and am reading next three books on time travel.  Also, I am getting ready to read another book/illustration combo (Hugo).  Click HERE for a link to Ransom Riggs page.  I find this website visually unappealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment