Thursday, April 5, 2012

War Horse

I have noticed at great deal of television advertising about the movie War Horse.  I saw the book at our school's book fair, so I decided to purchase it for my classroom library.  I was thinking this would appeal to those horse lovers and war story enthusiasts.

Well, much to my surprise, this wasn't a "horse book."  (And I cannot say I was disappointed by this discovery!).  War Horse more a book with an subtle anti-violence tone.  It is a tale of loyalty and friendship.  I'm not much for movies, but this is one of those rare instances where the movie may be better than the book (feedback from a few friends).  

When I did a quick search on author Michael Morpurgo (click here! ), I saw several books I have been tempted to read.  I may have to check out a couple this summer.  Boy--that summer reading list keeps growing and growing and . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment