Friday, July 8, 2011

The Sacraments

I am currently taking two online classes through University of Dayton's Virtual Learning Community of Faith Formation (I believe that is the title) in order to have my catechist certification by the end of October.  One of the required books is Understanding the Sacraments Today by Lawrence E. Mick.  (I have the 2006 revised edition).
There are two main things about this book that I enjoy.  First, the approach to explaining the sacraments is much more community oriented than I ever considered.  Second, this book gives a BRIEF history of each sacrament.  Fascinating topics.  This book is basic enough for someone simple-minded like myself; however, it still challenges people to explore and grow in their faith.  Highly recommend for Catholic adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment