Sunday, July 10, 2011

Incorporating Technology

A co-worker gave me a journal article to read.  I devoured it (it was the first time she passed something along to me) as well as the rest of the magazine.  I read an article discussing several new websites that could be used in teaching a class.  I've used one of them (to organize a food chain vs. classroom), and I am moderately pleased with it.

What I like about the site:  you can post on a wall without registering.  The site is slow to load.  I cannot move the post-it notes every time I log in.  I'm experimenting with another site called


It seems very similar.  It is geared for a younger crowd.  Of course you can "upgrade" for more services for a monthly fee.

I'm not sure if I am going to utilize either of these.  I may wait until second quarter and use first quarter to experiment with the computer and the students in my classroom first.

No comments:

Post a Comment