Saturday, February 11, 2017

Ghost by Jason Reynolds

One of the first adolescent novels I have read this year was Ghost by Jason Reynolds.  Though I only liked the book, I would highly recommend it to my students.  Ghost is a character with plenty of natural running talent who accidentally ends up on a top-notch track team.  His story is tragic and his life somewhat haunting; yet, the mentoring and friendships formed by the end of the book are hopeful, realistic, and uplifting.


I didn't make the connection that Jason Reynolds also wrote The Boy in the Black Suit--another book I have read and loved.  If memory serves me correctly, The Boy in the Black Suit is more an upper middle school/high school age book.  I would put Ghost in the hands of students in fifth through eighth grade.  Visit Jason Reynolds's author site for more information--click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment