Thursday, June 12, 2014

Scowler

I randomly chose this book off of the Reading Hub book challenge list.  Though I read later that this book has earned several accolades, I had never heard of the book Scowler or author Daniel Kraus before.  I listened to this audiobook on my way to school.


And thank goodness it was an audiobook in my vehicle, in the daylight, on my way to church/school!  Creepy, creepy, creepy!  This book would have terrified me reading at home at night--and it was soooo awesome!  The older I get, I have a hard time with scary books, but I really LOVED this one.  It was scary physically and psychologically.  Listening to the reading of the text made it super creepy.  Some of the noises made on the audio really left a mark in my brain--very effective.

Kraus burrows into your brain in that Stephen King sort of way.  Click HERE to visit his website.

2 comments:

  1. I think I decided early on that this was a little too creepy for middle school! Comparison with Stephen King would explain that. I have to tell students that it's not because of the scary factor that I don't have King-- it's because he is a potty mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this is too creepy and too foul language for junior high. Nice to have another person's professional opinion.

    ReplyDelete