Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Even though I really did not like the first Neil Gaiman novel I read (The Graveyard Book), I had seen/read some buzz about his newest book The Ocean at the End of the Lane.



One of the novel's quotes that resonated with me occurred near the middle of the book during a conversation with the main character and Lettie.  She says, "Nobody actually looks like what they really are onthe inside.  You don't.  I don't.  People are much more complicated than that.  It's true of everybody."

Overall, I do not think I liked this book, but there were many one-liners that I found interesting, almost contemplative.  I think this may be an interesting book for a high school book club.

Gaiman's website (click HERE) may offer some additional information for those interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment