Thursday, July 4, 2013

Shelter

I was given a copy of Harlan Coben's Shelter from a student who was graduating.  I have wanted to read this author--who writes both adult and teen books.  Click HERE to visit the author website.  Again, it was the cover that drew me to this book.

There were the mysterious peering out of a butterfly keyhole.  But the butterfly is formed by the silhouette of two people and the shadow of a third.  After reading the book, the cover has even more significance.  This book fixed my craving for mystery and action.  As I neared the end of the novel, there was one unrealistic, "fake" scene; I was prepared to be disappointed in the whole novel because of these cheesy ending; however, the author pulled it back together for me, and left me craving the sequel Seconds Away.

No comments:

Post a Comment