Thursday, March 14, 2013

Middle School: Get Me Out of Here!

I had read and heard some buzz from blogs and from students about James Patterson's adolescent books.  Many of my students from last year went on and on about his Maximum Ride series.  Now he has a new Middle School series.  I read the second book in the series--Middle School: Get Me Out of Here! 

First, you do not have to read the first book to understand this book.  I did not feel like there were any gaps in the story that I was missing because I inadvertantly started with book two.  Second, if you like The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, I suspect you will like this junior high equivalent.  The text is written in the journal-like style.  It even contains sketches much like the  The book covers contemporary issues facing junior high students including cyber bullying.

This is a fairly quick and easy read; may be appropriate for low or reluctant junior high school readers.  This series also has a website called "Rafe's Rants" (click HERE) that I checked out briefly.  The video was pretty funny.  You can also get an idea more about these books.

I still have the Maximum Ride series on my "To Read" list--but who knows when/if I will get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment