Monday, March 18, 2013

11/22/63 by Stephen King

I've been wanting to read a Stephen King Novel forever now.  My daughters are now at the age when I started watching movies based on his books (Carrie, Cujo, Misery, and The Shining) and reading his books--Pet Cemetary, It, etc.  Last year, he came out with an 850 page monster--11/22/63.  I loaded it on my Kindle to read during Thanksgiving Break.    Long story short, I just finished it in March.


I thoroughly enjoyed the book.  The notion of time travel and changing events poses many questions.  This concept was covered so thoroughly (well . . . the book WAS 850 pages after all!).  I love how King pays such attention to seemingly insignificant details.  I would, however, recommend reading this in a more condensed period of time than I did.  I had forgotten some of the characters from earlier in the novel and should have known they would resurface later. 

I would not let anyone younger than 16 to read this book--some intimate adult moments.

Click HERE for a link to the author's page.

No comments:

Post a Comment