Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hugo Cabret

Another one of my favorite books of the summer (and now on my all-time list) is The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.  It is truly art in words, ideas, and illustrations.  My son and I watched the movie while "camping out" in a tent over Spring Break.  I saw the book at the school's book fair, and was surprised at how many pages--well over 500!

I wanted to read the book with my son, but when he saw how many pages--well . . . he wasn't too keen on the idea.  But we started it, and both of us were captivated by the beautiful illustrations in combination with the text.  To get a preview of the artwork, click HERE.  We were hoping for a happy ending for the very sympathetic main character who always seemed to run out of luck at the worst places.

The author's website is just as awesome as his books.  Many, many fun links to click.

No comments:

Post a Comment