Tuesday, August 14, 2012

American Revolution Nonfiction

Since I am teaching an American Revolution novel, I thought I would check out some quicker reads in nonfiction.  One of two books I pulled was entitled Liberty Or Death: American Revolution 1763-1783 by Betsy and Giulio Maestro.  I appreciated this book quite a bit more than the second random book I chose.


What I liked about this book is that in its brief survey of the American Revolution, it utilized familiar phrases and placed them in the context of the history.  Examples include "Give me liberty or give me death" and "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes."  There were also maps and illustrations in this 64 page book.

For more information on this author/illustrator dual, see their webiste:  click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment