Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Star-Spangled Banner

My son and I read Ryan Jacobson's The Story of the Star-Spangled Banner.  It is part of the "Graphic Library --Graphic History" series.  When we opened the book, my son's reaction was "Oh cool!  It is part comic book." We haven't gotten into graphic novels . . . yet.  Nonetheless, he (and I) really enjoyed this book.

I am not a history buff--so I cannot attest to the accuracy of details.  From what I remembered, this seemed to be the acceptable lore of how and why the Star-Spangled Banner was written.  This book is 32 pages long, but divided into chapters.  It also has a page of related facts, a glossary of terms, and suggestions for further study (both books and Internet sites).  I'm definitely going to find other books in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment