Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shout!

I discovered a list of the NCTE/CLA 2012 "Notable Children's Books in the English Language Arts."  I thought I'd try to read through most of the list by summer's end.  (My "Wanna Read" list grows daily.  Having taught preschool for many years, author Denise Fleming was familiar to me.  Her new book, Shout! Shout it out! would be read just as the title indicates.  I doubt a child under five could resist the temptation of shouting out what comes next.  The pages review number, alphabet, color, animal, and transporation vocabulary.

My personal favorite part of the book is finding the mouse on each page and reading his comments.  If I were back reading to a preschool class, this book would be a must read.
Click HERE to go to Denise Fleming's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment