Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Christmas Carol

We had three days this week and then on to Christmas vacation.  We took a novel test on Friday, and I didn't want to obviously start a new novel before vacation.  In one of the anthologies in the back of the classroom I found the Anthony Horowitz's dramatic adaptation of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.  Since I was not sure of how many interruptions we would have, this drama gave me the flexibility to teach all or part of the work.
Each day when the students walked in the classroom, I had a chart with characters, scenes/acts, and the particular student assigned to a part.  The parts were, for the most part, chosen randomly.  I have two students who a super self-conscious of reading aloud--but they enjoyed the participating in the drama.  It was the perfect lesson to end 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment