Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Magician's Nephew

Since I no longer teach preschool and my "baby" is in second grade, "Tiny Tuesdays" are not so tiny.  Nonetheless--I'm still going to write about elementary school books.  My son and I finished reading The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis.  It is part of The Chronicals of Narnia series.  Though written last, the books takes place first chonologically.

So, what does a second grader get out of The Magician's Nephew?  He thinks the witch is funny--perhaps it was our not-so-dramatic reading aloud.  His favorite part was when the horse grew wings.  Hum?  Another example of how adults read a text very differently (thank goodness . . . both ways) than eight-year-old boys.


Lewis is one of the most influential Christian writers in the 20th century.  Some biological information can be located at the following cite:  C. S. Lewis Homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment