Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I Am the Messenger

After reading Markus Zusak's The Book Thief, I wanted to read more by this author.  I picked up the audio version of I Am the Messenger.  This book was equally as lengthy, but much easier to read/listen.


The audio had me laughing aloud in my car on my way to work.  It is such twisted humor (how could you laugh through a bank robbery scene?).  The "character" that made me laugh most was the discussion of the Doorman--Ed Kennedy's (protagonist's) dog.  But this book is not a comedy.  It is a mystery and a mission.  The descriptive language Zusak uses is beautiful.

This book is not for students younger than high school--language (tons!) and sexual content.

I am definitely a Zusak fan and plan to read other books by this author.  Click HERE for author's website.  Love the commentary with the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment