Monday, June 9, 2014

Etiquette & Espionage

I printed out a list of the 2014 Hub Reading Challenge.  Etiquette and Espionage was the first book (well . . . actually audio book) that I checked out. I had never heard of this novel nor was I familiar with Gail Carriger.  I really did like this book, though I am not a fan of that Victorian Period.  I'm not a girly-girl, and this novel was not a girly-girl novel.


This was not the damsel in distress novel.  The main character is a smart, funny, and spunky tomboy whose family tries to conform her to societal norms.  The finishing school she attends certainly was not what she (nor the reader) expects.

I had never heard of the term "steampunk" before I read this book.  Carriger's website gives some background to this genre.  Very interesting concept . . . who knew I would love it.  I would be interested in reading more books from this series, but they are not on the top of my "To Read" list.  It would be on my "To Read" list if I could get a year's sabbatical to just read--ha!

Click HERE to visit Gail Carriger's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment