Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Boy on the Wooden Box

We are completing our "Holocaust" reads with both the seventh and eighth grade students.  I just finished The Book Thief.  So I picked up another book--Leon Leyson's The Boy on the Wooden Box.  I think I've had my fill for a while.

I actually listened to this book on audio (which won an award) during my short commute to and from school.  Though I am a visual learner, this audio held my focus.  I would recommend this book to some of my more mature students who are interested in the Holocaust.  I would preface their read by reminding them that Leyson's story is an example of how God works in the most mysterious way.  I lost count how many times he was within death's grip and survived because of split-second decisions.

Leyson died one year ago (January 2013).  I want to peruse this site (Little Leyson), but I think I will do this when I am certain no one will interrupt me.

No comments:

Post a Comment