Monday, March 19, 2012

Abraham Lincoln

Growing up in Illinois, I am an Abraham Lincoln fan.  When a friend said she just read the best non-fiction book that read totally like a suspense novel, my curiosity was piqued.  When she said it was about Lincoln, I had to get the book.  But alas!  February and March are typically the busiest months of the year for our family.  I checked the book out on a a 7-day quick read, but only made it to approximately page 50.  I finally made it to the top of the list for the 3-week normal check out--of which I am in the middle.  I am such a slow reader.

The book, entitled Killing Lincoln, tells the events of the last few days of Lincoln's life.  Readers get a behind-the-scenes look at John Wilkes Booth's plotting.  This novel spins a fabulous tale . . . and it is labled non-fiction.  I'm over half-way through and give this a big "thumbs up!" for high school students and up.  (some references to the inappropriate sexual activities of the assassin, etc.).  Now to find time to read the rest before I have to return the book.  God bless libraries!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment