Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Not a Book, But . . .

About a week ago, I set a "date" with my son (and any other family member who would like to join) for Tuesday night, in our pajamas, bring your snuggie, mom & dad's bed.  We were going to watch Rudolph the Red- Nosed Reindeer.

I love the old Burl Ives' Rudolph.  I had enough forethought to make the agreement with my son that I could sing the songs.  He told me only if they were singing it on the television--no additional singing.  My husband joined us, but he mocked my singing . . . I do sound like an injured moose.  I know that a second grade boy who has two older sisters may or may not believe in Santa much longer.  I'm going to be sure I enjoy this year of believing as much as possible.
BTW--the only reason my husband joined us was because it promised to be in HD.  I still cannot tell the difference.  HD or not, I watched the exact same show when I was my son's age.

No comments:

Post a Comment