Monday, July 4, 2011

You've Never Read It?

I spend quite a bit of time reading, but I am quite slow.  I read a wide variety of books.  Currently, I am reading Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.  I realized when Salinger passed away this past year that I never read this "classic." 
I'm only about a quarter of the way through the book, but I'm already entralled with Holden Caulfield.  I think I've met him before.  Hum?!?!?

I certainly can understand some of the controversy associated with teaching this book in high schools--immediately noting that some audiences may be offended by the language and discussion of sexuality.  Quite honestly, the book contains nothing bawdier than anything on television after the evening news.  I need to quit babbling and get reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment