Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter

Hum?  What teen-n-tween book comes to mind today?  Let's see--what movie is premiering tonight a midnight and both my daughters have made arrangements to go?  Oh yes--Harry Potter.  I've got to say that I am not a wizard or fantasy sort of person, but I like a gazillion of others love the Harry Potter Series.  I finished the seventh book probably three years ago--I actually made it all that time without anyone spoiling the ending.  By then, the books had lost momentum for me, so I wasn't as enamored with the seventh book as I was the others.
I first read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone probably back in 1999.  I remember because we lived in Pennsylvania at the time.  I would sit on the floor of my daughter's room (who were VERY young at the time), and I would read to them at nap time until they fell asleep (or I did).  Now my son is reading the books; he's actually on the fourth one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment