Thursday, July 28, 2011

Catching Fire

The moment I finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, I needed to read obtain the second book in the trilogy.  The two library systems used by our family had a wait list, so I got the Kindle version immediately.  Normally, I can wait; however, I needed to start the second book Catching Fire.
The book was just as fulfilling as the first one.  DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU WANT TO READ THE FIRST BOOK--SPOILER.  This book leaves off after Katniss' victory in the 74th annual Hunger Games and the unheard of saving of TWO winners--her partner Peeta.  Katniss learns that winning is not always positive, and now she is a pawn for the government.  She needs to maintain an appearance that she is in love with Peeta--which adds further complications to the plot.  Now, a year later, Katniss and Peeta must compete in the 75th Hunger Games with all former champions.

A well-written adolescent lit book that is enjoyed equally with adult readers.  When I finished, I was glad we had a copy of the third book upstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment